Tuesday, September 20, 2011

For the love of (my) dog ^_^

I got big feet. Well - at least I think I got big feet.
When I was in asia,  I could never find a proper pair of shoes that would fit. EU42 or UK9 was predominantly unheard of. Either too narrow or too short that it cuts into my heel, causing massive blisters that would burst even before I get to my destination. OUCH.
Not to mention the bunion that develop over time. Grrr...
That did not stop my passion for shoes. I relished every visit to the shoe shops, buying every pair in the biggest possible size, hoping the next pair would fit better than the last. So I had a enviable cupboard full of shoes that I love to hate.
Living in England means I could finally get shoes that fit length and breadth of my 'hooves'.
And boy did I indulge!

I never really like flats since I got strong calves and knobbly knees (lousy combination really), oh not to forget wobbly thighs. If I sound like I don't like my legs much, well - I don't. In fact I hate them.
Not one to go under the knife I just learnt to work around them by wearing shoes that lengthens my 'trunks' visually. Which is why I never really like flats. Looks wrong with my jeans (be it skinny, straight or bootcut), accentuating me in all the wrong way.

Then came Bagel. My collie-alsatian-crossbred.

Found him abandoned, just had to bring him home.
Which meant taking him on walks and running around with him in the garden becomes part of my daily routine. Not one to risk falling flat on my face wearing my platform heels with the bowwow, I started to hunt around for flat shoes.
Which then led to the hunt for a pair of jeans that would flatter my lush bottom half with flats on.
My roving eyes fell on a pair od light blue Suzy Radcliffes Hamptons.
It is exactly the jean type missing in my wardrobe - the boyfriend.Slouch fitting, straight leg; it is what magazines warn us pear shapes about.
I remember reading that they best fit boyish hips; which proves untrue in my case.
With a shirt tucked in loosely at the front, letting the back and sides drape nonchalantly over the top of the jeans with the hems turned up, showing the slimmest part of my legs - the ankles; the flats finish off the look quite nicely. Hooray!
I can now walk Bagel without having to worry about falling over and looking like a fat cow.
Tigger with my worn in black pumps with horsebit detail.

Just £8. These pair from Primark, a store known for cheap fashion. I find most stuff either to tacky or badly made; but occasionally you will find some real gems, like these pair of Gold Brogues. They really perk up a neutral outfit. Will be tad much when worn with colour outfits. I wear these lots when I wear my whites and beiges.

At first glance I thought these Bow Tartans from New Look are not my style but they won me over when I tried them on in my usual white tee and blue jeans. Feminine and rather chic without being overly girly.

George Black white zebra with bring pink edges and bows. I like the quirky combo. Just £6.
Qube studded Red Brogues - great when walking Bagel in town. Looks similar to a pair Sienna Miller wore in London I much covet. Just £25. Would have gotten the black pair but was sold out dammit.
Sneakers in Silver and Red. Great in parks or short walks; especially useful when Bagel decides to sprint I can easily catch up in these. The Silver pair looks like my oven mitt lol
Hunter / Jimmy Choo Croc Shiny Wellington boots with wellie socks - a must when walking in mud with Bagel (yuck) but at least I look stylish at it! Cost me bloody £250 ((I get a mini seizure every time when it gets mucky) but comfy and soft compared to most wellingtons in the market . I swear Wellies socks a must in Winter, really keep the toes toasty.

Then of course a pair of animal wellington boots for a touch of glam! Snapped these up at Trago Mills at just £20. The make is very good, rather heavy too which is helpful when waddling on mud grounds with the dog.


2 comments:

  1. Like ur red shoes ;)
    Enjoy ur walk with Tigger !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sold the red ones (assuming you mean the Qube Red ones) last year on ebay neh. :p Got to narrow my collections la. Moving with Graham's job, even though it is once in a few years, its better to travel light.

    ReplyDelete