Friday, December 9, 2011

oh for the love of (Isabel Marant) Sneaker Wedge boots...

Yes, I was caught by the frenzy of the hi top sneaker wedge by Isabel Marant.

Let's be honest, after strutting around all day in stiletto heels we don't remember they make our legs look long and sexy; all you want to do is to kick them off every chance you can when no one is looking.
I don't remember anyone not liking the comfort of a sneaker.
But I got chunky calves and though standing at 1.78m, somehow I feel that the flat lace ups makes me look short. Short and stubby, not a good look.

I first saw the sneaker wedge by Isabel Marant on Selfridges site, (ouch!) price - £430.
If you read my earlier blogs you may already get an idea that I am not a brand snob.
I embrace new innovative ideas but never see the point of doshing extra for designer item.

Saying that, I do own a Birkin; and I would trade my life for it if I get mugged (having to starve for months after paying for it haunts me forever. Thereforth I swear I would never put myself through that sort of agony. I also avoid Hermes everytime I pass the boutique.)

I am definitely a Isabel Marant sort of woman.
I have been wearing slim cropped pants, stripe jumpers, loose fit boyish jackets with a touch of quirk (usually accessories, shoes or bag, never on the body) long before I heard of the designer. You can easily pull things from my wardrobe and put together an outfit and end up with similar looking outfits seen on her Fall 2011.

Ash Wedge Sneaker
I think after years of shopping we would end up with a capsule wardrobe of things that we cannot do without. And perhaps I.M turned up at the right time and showed the world what every woman needs (which I happen to own and wearing already), so the wave of interest. I don't think I count as one of her fans, but I do take an interest in her work whenever it is featured in magazines or when I am roaming the shops. 

There is one I,M that I did have a crush on - as mentioned in the title - The Sneaker Wedge.
Since it was launched it was so successful, I.M had it done in other colours.
At £430 a pair from Selfridges, I can see my hubkins having a fit if I ever get one.
Lucky for him, I did not.
The price tag is an issue for one, the other is that they are not available in my size.
I have been longing for a hi top sneaker, and if I.M can start the trend of slipping a hidden 2" wedge in there, someone would have done something similar. With that thought I went on a hunt.

Topshop did some at £85 a pair.
Topshop Wedge Trainer
Then of course, there are those from Ash, which cost £199 a pair.
But the problem with the shoes from both retailers is that the wedge heel are too obvious.
The point is an HIDDEN wedge.
So the hunt continues.

Went on ASOS and saw Aldo Netz.
The colour: Tan. Same hi top. In suede. And the all important wedge! £80!
I almost jumped out of my seat in joy. 
Then I thought, perhaps there is a bargain to be found for Aldo.
And guess what, I am right!
On Aldo website, they are on sale at £38.26!
Of course I hit BUY. The shoes arrived in less than a week and I have been wearing them ever since.
Not only are they comfortable, they are gorgeous to look at.
So go grab yours now while the sale is still on!

No comments:

Post a Comment