Sunday, December 11, 2011

Capsule Wardrobe - do you believe in it?

Well, I do.
While I was busy packing my things into boxes to move to our new place; I realise I have many of the same item! I am sure you too might have accumulated, without you realising, the same item in same colour, same size; just different labels. Not only is that crazy, I find it outright wasteful!
So why do we do it?

I think most women spend because the fashion magazines keep telling us what we need to be on trend this season. For one who don't follow trends, I know I shop because I am bored.

For the longest time we hear people talking about an capsule wardrobe; meaning to have a few key pieces and working around just them. If we don't keep up with what is new in the shops, or to lust after the new IT items in the shops; an capsule wardrobe IS possible!

Don't you get annoyed sometimes when you are about to dress and get out quick, but can never find anything to wear because your closet is crammed full of things?
Just how could it be possible that we cannot get dressed when we got so much things?
Well, there are things that doesn't fit; then there are things you no longer look good in or things you bought at the spur of the moment. We need to clear those things out, keep those things that still works and an wardrobe that lasts.

The shops are going to hate me for writing this but we need to shop less by shopping smart.
By shopping smart, we need to know our body type and be realistic about what suits us.

I am just like any other woman out there, who is always unsure what body type I am, or what exact size I wear (some shop cut things smaller, for eg H&M; and some bigger, for eg Next).; and I constantly struggle to keep my weight at the ideal number.
We need to remember; our weight our lifestyle our finances our habits; are all within our control!
I can never emphasise how important it is to know our body. Because when we have that knowledge, armed with a organised wardrobe; dressing up for any occasion at any time of the day is no longer an issue because we know exactly what we have and we can put thing together without fuss.
We will also be spending less on things that we already have, cultivating a healthy habit which ultimately will benefit our lives - financially and emotionally.
Imagine the joy!

I am starting a thorough cull; not just on the things I own, but habits!
Well in the new year, I have my jewellery business (which reminds me that I need to start a blog on that) to keep me busy; I will be far from boredom. So no more shopping for excess! Yay!

Before the mayhem starts, I decided the best way is to do an wardrobe archive.
I pick out the things I use often, knowing well that I will never part with.
I started out on my precious Louis Vuitton scarves; then the 3 metallic tops.
It is terrifying just thinking of going through my jeans and t-shirts; for the love of God I have like 80!
Then there are the over 30 pairs of shoes! But it's got to be done!

The charity shops are gonna love me this Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment