Monday, January 21, 2013

Hair cropped boy-short! - the gamine pixie is back on! Thanks to Anne Hathaway in Les Miserables!

She doesn't look too sure at first
Not all women are blessed with a face that suits long hair; and not all women enjoy having long hair. Lots kept their tresses long to keep interests of men.
Keeping her chin up, looking cute in a dress 
Unfortunately I am neither of the above.
Perhaps because I look tired with long hair, or that my hair follicles doesn't seem to hold on to my hair long enough for me to keep them beyond my shoulder. Most importantly, I don't like it and it does not suit me and my lifestyle.
Grown out slightly, very chic

I am fortunate that my husband likes me for who I am (mind you I care enough not to get overweight, and tries my darnest to dress appropriately most of the time). When I asked him, out of curiousity whether he prefer me keeping my hair long; he would say,'I married you when you had short hair, why would I want you different? I like you just the way you are, it matters more that you are happy with how you look and feel.' And I know he is right.
Oh yes Anne, you've got much to smile about

I never liked Anne Hathaway, to be honest.
I thought she played her cards to be in the favour of her audience. I thought she lacked character. Her oversized eyes and lips seems to spell innocence, and that is all there is; no complexity no depth.
One has to literally drag me outta house to watch her movie; and wrestle for the remote whenever one of her movies aired on tv. Then there comes Les Miserables movie.
I read that she made herself ill, putting herself through a tough diet and having her hair cut off for the role of Fantine; it is really impressive and her performance touched me deeply emotionally. I watched the musical twice, to finally see the suffering and Fantine up close truly stunned me. For that time I was in the seat I forgot I was watching Anne. It was Fantine.
On cover of Bazaar Feb 2013 issue
Anne was featured on multiple covers and media and I find myself poring over every photo and news. I don't just like Anne in her new look; I LOVE it.

She look younger; brave; fresh and even more beautiful than I remember seeing her on media.Her new crop shows off her large eyes, lips and porcelain skin to perfection.
She looks like she is no longer trying (hard to win her audience over) with looks, she has what it takes to be a respected actress.

In my humble opinion, I think long hair is pretty but its the short hair that reveals the woman; physically the neck and shoulders are exposed, the brows her eyes her lips come into attention. Long hair seduces with the softness and lures the men to the women; with short hair one discovers the woman within if you dare come forth to unveil it. Every short hair woman is a challenge.
And it takes a man with character, real substance to appreciate it; one who does not judge or be seduced superficially. For the woman, ask herself 'Are you afraid that you may be less popular now that you have nothing to twirl while trying to get the attention of the bloke in the bar?';  'Do you think you look less feiminine in a dress?'. In a word, are you Confident enough to carry it off?

Which is perhaps why Anne trembled when she was getting her hair cut for the role.
But once it was done, she said 'I don't think about the hair much now; I always loved being a low-maintenance girl.'
And so do I, Anne.
Nothing gives me more pleasure than getting out of the shower, towel dry my hair; slather cream all over my body and find my hair already dry by the time I dress and enjoy a cup of tea before bed; with my fella appreciating how refresh I look and how nice I smell before cuddling up to sleep.
Love your wedding picture too Anne, you were beaming. You are one truly modern bride with the Cropped hair and lace head-dress. Looking forward to seeing more of you.

2 comments:

  1. I love her new short hair style too ! Thanks for sharing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i totally like her new look and totally agree what you wrote about her. anyway, i am in the short hair club too like you. haaaaa...gave up keeping hair long. :D

    ReplyDelete