Tuesday, April 12, 2011

jonas löfgren

OK. When I first saw the illustration of Mary-Kate and Chlöe Sevigny, I love it!
Uber Quirky and fun, what's not to love?
I saw some of the other works by him and I just have to blare my love for his work out.
Mary-Kate Olsen, Lula Magazine

Perfect Mess, Lula Magazine (oh I so love this)


Bath (those waves are inspired by Japanese cultures it seems.)

Five Birds (chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp - gossing? haha)

Lydia Deetz, Lula Magazine

Rooftop (that face!)
The Diamond (that face again! LOVE it)

by Pavelina, Artonfix.com
Jonas Löfgren is a young Swedish illustrator who draws sulky, mysterious young feminine figures. His graphite and watercolor heroines remind me of Wednesday Adams or of Amelie, both intelligent, fearless, young ladies with a quirky persona.
Löfgren also provides illustration for Lula magazine, where his works have another approach, closer to fashion and showbiz world. Portrayals of Chlöe Sevigny wearing Louis Vuitton or Mary-Kate Olsen in Lanvin are indeed, something unique in the glamour industry.
Delicate lines and magic backgrounds are also two important features of Jonas works. If you ask me, I'll tell you that this Swedish artist doesn't just draw. He explores a feminine universe with the talent of a psychologist, showing us the complexity of his character's dreams, feelings and beliefs.
By Pavelina, Artonfix.com

No comments:

Post a Comment